February 15, 2013
What is a #DevOpsLove Letter
“A personal letter to a loved one (in this case, team) expressing affection” or “A personal letter to a formerly loved one, expressing frustration, contempt or, dare we say it, hate.”
We at Serena Software are especially fond of how modern IT organizations have evolved to support externally-facing, revenue generating applications. There are three players in the triangle that is today’s product-focused IT orgs: Dev, Ops and DevOps. Sometimes Dev loves Ops, sometimes Dev rails about Ops. Sometimes Ops appreciates Dev, other times Ops reviles Dev.
Then there is the new lover in the mix: DevOps. Dev is often infatuated with DevOps, though sometimes frustrated when DevOps doesn’t quickly solve their deployment problems. Likewise, Ops often loves DevOps because it elevates their ability to deliver service to Dev and the business. Other times, not so much.
Then there is DevOps often ambivalent feelings towards each Dev and Ops. Sometimes not so ambivalent…
Tweet your Love Letter
The #DevOpsLove contest is a chance to use Twitter + your imagination to get creative, have fun and win great prizes, such as the grand prize of a $150 US AmEx gift card, bottle of California Champagne and box of Ghirardelli chocolates. With Valentines Day bringing out the best in love this time of year, what better excuse to showcase your creativity in 140 characters or less and tell your Dev, Ops and DevOps teams what they mean to you via a love letter #DevOpsLove Tweet. Similarly, what's the color orange without red and yellow, or what's the cookie without the chocolate chips, Dev and Ops have a special relationship that’s just better together.
To enter, simply Tweet your entry to @SerenaSoftware, include the #DevOpsLove hashtag, and follow @SerenaSoftware! See the official rules for entry lower on this page.
Sample DevOpsLove Tweets to Help Inspire You
Ops, I love your communication and our collaboration. Love, Dev. #BestFriendsForever
Dev – nice code. Love, Ops
You are the only ops in my eyes #DevOpsLove #loveatfirstsight
Official Rules of Entry
- Participants must Tweet their entry to @SerenaSoftware AND follow @SerenaSoftware on Twitter
- All submissions must include the hashtag #DevOpsLove
- Contest runs: February 14th, 2013 at 12:01am ET through March 8th, 2013 at 11:59pm ET
Serena will announce the winners on Monday March 11th, 2013 via Twitter.
- Grand Prize wins a $150 US AmEx gift card, bottle of California Champagne and box of Ghirardelli chocolates
- Second place receives a $100 US AmEx gift card
- Third place receives $50 US AmEx gift card
- Winners will be chosen based on creativity, humor and/or relevance. Frequency of participation will also be considered. Entrants are welcome and encouraged to submit more than one DevOps Love Letter!
- Serena employees are not eligible for prizes.
- Serena customers are eligible to win.
- Submissions must not contain material that violates or infringes another's rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity and intellectual property rights.
- Submissions must not be hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous, libelous or promote discrimination.
- Entries and winners may be showcased on Serena.com and other public channels.
- Winners will be notified directly on Twitter and announced on Serena.com and through social media channels, as well a contest wrap-up press release and Serena's blog.
Most Users Ever Online: 195
Currently Browsing this Page:
It's another mistake: 174
Guest Posters: 1
Newest Members: Sherman121, SwimSpot, petitefleur56, OneStop4HookUps, ge1992113
Administrators: contestblogger (77), Contest Blogger Phreak (0)